Help Locally Owned Businesses Thrive
Commit to Choose Local
This region doesn’t just survive in adversity—we thrive. To choose local is to keep our dollars local. We built the nation’s steel industry, and when the industry declined, we built a new economy in its place. Whatever the world throws at us, it only makes us stronger. And in the face of our current challenge, buying locally is a powerful tool for keeping our communities strong and resilient.
When you Commit to Choose Local you:
- keep more of your hard-earned dollars circulating here among our friends and neighbors.
- help your friends and neighbors remain employed.
- open the door for small business growth.
- see purposeful quality and craftsmanship come to life.
- support your community and local makers.
- connect with members of your community.
- educate your friends and family about the effects choosing local businesses has on our economy.
- contribute to the social fabric of your community.
Demonstrate Your Support – Pledge to Choose Local!
of all small business owners struggled to pay rent in August 2021.
of consumers say they’d spend more to support local businesses after the pandemic.
of every dollar (67 cents on average) spent at small businesses in the U.S. stays in the local community.
Your Dollars Keep Doors Open
Our communities are filled with unique and vibrant local businesses that depend on our support. The Choose Local campaign aims to drive awareness of the great local shops and restaurants in neighborhoods across Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties.
Let your local businesses know that you’ll be supporting them this holiday season! When you Choose Local, you choose shared prosperity, you choose a sustainable future for our local businesses.