Promote Choose Local
Choose Local brings together organizations and consumers from across the region to advocate for our local businesses and support vibrant local communities.
The Choose Local campaign is hosted by the nonprofit Sustainable Pittsburgh and the CEOs for Sustainability executive network. We need your help in sharing the campaign with your audience.
- Encourage shoppers to commit to Choose Local via pledge form on website
- Connect shoppers to the local businesses near them through the local business directory
- Increase visibility of local businesses by boosting the number of listings in the Business Directory and number of featured profiles
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Share campaign information on your social media accounts, tagging relevant accounts and using the hashtags listed below
- Email campaign information to your audience
- Add information and a link to the Choose Local website on your website
Primary Campaign Facebook and Twitter Accounts & Hashtags
- Facebook: @SustainablePittsburgh
- Twitter: @SustainablePGH
- #ChooseLocal[insert your location e.g. #ChooseLocalAmbridge]
Choose Local Sponsors’ Social Media Accounts
|SPONSOR NAME||FACEBOOK HANDLE||TWITTER HANDLE|
|Eat’n Park Hospitality Group||@Eatn-Park-Hospitality-Group||@EatnPark|
|The Pittsburgh Foundation||@PittsburghFdn||@PittsburghFdn|
|Dollar Bank Foundation||@DollarBank||@Dollar_Bank|
|Evoqua Water Technologies||@Evoqua||@Evoqua|
|UPMC Health Plan||@UPMCHealthPlan||@UPMCHealthPlan|
|Allegheny County Economic Development||@AlleghenyCounty||@Allegheny_Co|
|Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield||@Highmark||@Highmark|
|Oakland Business Improvement District||@Oakland412||@Only_in_Oakland|
Choose Local Partners’ Social Media Accounts
|PARTNER||FACEBOOK HANDLE||TWITTER HANDLE|
|Allegheny Conference on Community Development||@AlleghenyConference||@AlleghenyConf|
|Beaver County Chamber of Commerce||@BeaverCountyChamber||@TheBCCC|
|City of Pittsburgh||@City.of.Pittsburgh||@Pittsburgh|
|Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh||@URAPGH||@URAPGH|
Sample Social Media Posts
DOWNLOAD THE CHOOSE LOCAL POST GRAPHICS
- A SPONSOR MIGHT SAY
“__Sponsor Name__ is a proud sponsor of the #ChooseLocal campaign! Find out more about us and other local businesses at ChooseLocalPGH.org. Join us in our support of local communities!”
- A PARTNER MIGHT SAY
“__Partner Name__ is excited to be a partner of the #ChooseLocal campaign! Find out more at ChooseLocalPGH.org. Supporting local businesses helps local communities thrive!”
- A LOCAL BUSINESS MIGHT SAY
“__Business Name__ is a part of Sustainable Pittsburgh’s #ChooseLocal campaign. Are you? Come visit us today to show your support and check out ChooseLocalPGH.org to find other businesses!”
SAMPLE NEWSLETTER BLURB
Commit to Choose Local
Even as local businesses have returned to pre-pandemic operations, many still struggle to break even. In August 2021, 30% of small business owners had trouble paying rent. More than ever, buying locally is a powerful tool for keeping our communities strong and resilient. That’s why _Company Name_ is proud to partner with Sustainable Pittsburgh and CEOs for Sustainability in supporting local businesses, the foundation of our communities.
When you Commit to Choose Local you —
- Keep more of your hard-earned dollars circulating here among our friends and neighbors.
- Help your friends and neighbors remain employed.
- Open the door for small business growth.
- See purposeful quality and craftsmanship come to life.
- Support your community and local makers.
- Connect with members of your community.
- Educate your friends and family about the effects choosing local businesses has on our economy.
- Contribute to strengthening the social fabric of your community.
Visit ChooseLocalPGH.org today to find local businesses and Commit to Choose Local!
CAMPAIGN SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
For the purposes of the Choose Local campaign, all posts on social media should contain #ChooseLocal
Sustainable Pittsburgh and sponsors of the Choose Local campaign do not condone posts that are hateful, defamatory, or otherwise antagonistic in nature.
This campaign is intended to educate and inform the public about how and where they can go to support local businesses during the economic hardships that were brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have questions about this policy or about anything relating to this campaign, please contact Meredith Benek at email@example.com.