Promote Choose Local
Choose Local brings together organizations and consumers from across the region to advocate for our local businesses and support vibrant local communities.
The Choose Local campaign is hosted by the nonprofit Sustainable Pittsburgh and the CEOs for Sustainability executive network. We need your help in sharing the campaign with your audience.
- Encourage shoppers to commit to Choose Local via pledge form on website
- Connect shoppers to the local businesses near them through the local business directory
- Increase visibility of local businesses by boosting the number of listings in the Business Directory and number of featured profiles
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- CEOs for Sustainability Hashtag Campaign – Help us elevate Choose Local and your company’s support through CEOs for Sustainability by participating in our hashtag campaign during the weeks of October 25-31 and November 15-21. Find samples posts, hashtags, and messaging below.
- Share campaign information on your social media accounts, tagging relevant accounts and using the hashtags listed below
- Email campaign information to your audience
- Add information and a link to the Choose Local website on your website
Primary Campaign Facebook and Twitter Accounts & Hashtags
- Facebook: @SustainablePittsburgh
- Twitter: @SustainablePGH
- #ChooseLocal[insert your location e.g. #ChooseLocalAmbridge]
Choose Local Sponsors’ Social Media Accounts
|SPONSOR NAME||FACEBOOK HANDLE||TWITTER HANDLE|
|Eat’n Park Hospitality Group||@Eatn-Park-Hospitality-Group||@EatnPark|
|The Pittsburgh Foundation||@PittsburghFdn||@PittsburghFdn|
|Dollar Bank Foundation||@DollarBank||@Dollar_Bank|
|Evoqua Water Technologies||@Evoqua||@Evoqua|
|UPMC Health Plan||@UPMCHealthPlan||@UPMCHealthPlan|
|Allegheny County Economic Development||@AlleghenyCounty||@Allegheny_Co|
|Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield||@Highmark||@Highmark|
|Oakland Business Improvement District||@Oakland412||@Only_in_Oakland|
Choose Local Partners’ Social Media Accounts
|PARTNER||FACEBOOK HANDLE||TWITTER HANDLE|
|Allegheny Conference on Community Development||@AlleghenyConference||@AlleghenyConf|
|Beaver County Chamber of Commerce||@BeaverCountyChamber||@TheBCCC|
|City of Pittsburgh||@City.of.Pittsburgh||@Pittsburgh|
|Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh||@URAPGH||@URAPGH|
Sample Social Media Posts
DOWNLOAD THE CHOOSE LOCAL POST GRAPHICS
- A CEOs FOR SUSTAINABILITY PARTICIPATING COMPANY MIGHT SAY
“As a #CEOsforSustainability participant, __Company Name__ is proud to host #ChooseLocal. Join us in supporting local businesses, the foundation of vibrant communities: ChooseLocalPGH.org”
“__Company Name__ and #CEOsforSustainanability are proud to host #ChooseLocal. Find local businesses in your own neighborhood at ChooseLocalPGH.org!”
“Supporting local businesses keeps our dollars local. That’s why __Company Name__ is committed to #ChooseLocal. Join us at ChooseLocalPGH.org! #CEOsforSustainability”
“__Company Name__ is committed to helping locally owned businesses thrive. Learn more and commit at ChooseLocalPGH.org! #CEOsforSustainability #ChooseLocal”
SAMPLE NEWSLETTER BLURB
Commit to Choose Local
Even as local businesses have returned to pre-pandemic operations, many still struggle to break even. In August 2021, 30% of small business owners had trouble paying rent. More than ever, buying locally is a powerful tool for keeping our communities strong and resilient. That’s why _Company Name_ is proud to partner with Sustainable Pittsburgh and CEOs for Sustainability in supporting local businesses, the foundation of our communities.
When you Commit to Choose Local you —
- Keep more of your hard-earned dollars circulating here among our friends and neighbors.
- Help your friends and neighbors remain employed.
- Open the door for small business growth.
- See purposeful quality and craftsmanship come to life.
- Support your community and local makers.
- Connect with members of your community.
- Educate your friends and family about the effects choosing local businesses has on our economy.
- Contribute to strengthening the social fabric of your community.
Visit ChooseLocalPGH.org today to find local businesses and Commit to Choose Local!
CAMPAIGN SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
For the purposes of the Choose Local campaign, all posts on social media should contain #ChooseLocal
Sustainable Pittsburgh and sponsors of the Choose Local campaign do not condone posts that are hateful, defamatory, or otherwise antagonistic in nature.
This campaign is intended to educate and inform the public about how and where they can go to support local businesses during the economic hardships that were brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have questions about this policy or about anything relating to this campaign, please contact Meredith Benek at firstname.lastname@example.org.