Meet a Local Business
Eat’n Park Hospitality Group
Tell us about your business. What services or products do you offer, where are you located, etc.?
- Started as a single car-hop style restaurant in Pittsburgh in 1949, Eat’n Park Hospitality Group has grown into a portfolio of regional food service concepts focused on personalized dining.
- We now serve more than 50 million guests every year in our restaurants, on college and corporate campuses, and in every state through our online store.
- Our brands include Eat’n Park Restaurants, Hello Bistro, The Porch, and Parkhurst Dining.
How does your business support local communities?
- Community involvement is woven into the fabric of the Eat’n Park culture. We’re more than just a business; we’re a neighbor, an engaged partner. And as such, we’re dedicated to doing our best to make the communities we serve as strong and vital as possible. Giving back isn’t just something we do; it’s who we are.
- Every year, we donate at least five percent of our pre-tax earnings to local charitable organizations.
How does the Choose Local campaign fall in line with your business’ mission or values?
- Here at Eat’n Park, we have five core values that guide the decisions that we make and the way we conduct business. These values reflect the culture of our company.
- We Care About People — We care about each other, we care about our guests, and we care about the folks who live in the communities we serve.
- We Are Passionate About Food — We provide fresh, wholesome food made from locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. We hand-cut our fruit every single day. We hand-bread our fish and make our chili and chicken noodle soup from scratch. We offer locally sourced ingredients through our FarmSource program by working with over 200 local farmers each year.
- We hold ourselves to a high standard of quality – it’s what our guests expect.
- We Embrace Innovation — Our marketplace, our guests, and our world are always changing and we must continually look for ways to improve. We don’t change for the sake of change – we seek change to make our business and our communities better.
- We Are Fiscally Responsible — The financial well-being of our company is key to our current and future success. We are dedicated to being responsible long-term stewards of the financial resources at our disposal for the benefit of our stakeholders, team members, guests, and clients.
- We Foster Diversity And Inclusion — Our teams are stronger and more engaged when we value individual and group differences.
What inspires your work?
- There’s a common focus throughout every branch of our organization: PEOPLE. We’re committed to treating our guests, team members, and clients like friends, serving outstanding food and, above all, doing the right thing.
What is the best way for consumers to connect with your business and your services or initiatives?